Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Guest Post: Disneyland Love

It's the day before Thanksgiving, which means I'm busy cleaning house and getting ready to cook a huge meal tomorrow!  We're reliving our favorite memories from last week's trip, so we figured there's time for one more guest post- from the lovely Mrs. Genie!  And I've gotta say, I'm a little jealous of someone who lives close enough to The Mouse to visit him so often...


I do admit that I love Disneyland maybe a little more than the average person. I’m sure you’re
thinking, “Yeah, who doesn’t?” But, really, as a girl from Southern California, I have been really
lucky to enjoy going to Disneyland my whole life. And when I say that, I mean my whole life. My
parents first took me to Disneyland when I was 40 days old! They were having the World’s Fair
Exhibition. I’m not saying I remember that, but I’m thinking I was infused with the Disney magic
at a very young age. Now, I have an annual pass, and go twice a month, at least.



When I think of Disneyland, I think of my family and friends and all the memories I have of going there as a kid.  You see, my parents are both immigrants, and we have a lot of family all over the world. When we had visitors, at least once a year, we got to go to Disneyland with them. I got to share one of my favorite places and get to know family at the same time. When my cousin came from England for my wedding this summer, she asked if we could go to Disneyland. And I was so surprised! I told her I thought she wouldn’t want to go because it’s for kids, and she said, “No! Remember when we went as kids and met Minnie Mouse and played in her house? I thought that was so cool, and I’ll never forget it.” I nearly cried that she remembered her visit from over fifteen years ago. 

 And now, as an adult, I love going to Disneyland with both my family and my friends. When I look at pictures from my trips to Disneyland over the years, I mostly smile because there are tons of different friends I go with and have memories with. I can’t choose just one, but I can’t bombard you with photos either. I’ll give you a couple. 


And, of course, I love going with my husband. He doesn’t go as often as I do, but when he does, he has fun.

 So, when I say I love Disneyland, I kind of mean it. I mean, sure, I hate the soaring prices and the over-marketing outside of Disneyland sometimes. But when I’m there, I love it, and when I leave, I can’t wait to come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment