Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Guest Post: Yeti

It's time for another guest post about Disney memories!  This one is from Mrs. Pony, and she talks about a ride we're super excited about- Expedition Everest!
 
My first trip to the happiest place on Earth was in 1995, when my whole extended family visited Walt Disney World.  I was ten at the time, which meant I was old enough to ride everything, but I wasn’t so old that the magic of Disney was lost on me.

Childhood friend L, me, and my brother with Disco/Space Minnie
I’ve been back to Disney World a few times since that first visit, twice with my family and last year with my husband on our honeymoon.  Since I recapped our Disneymoon on the ‘bee already, I figured I would share a story from a trip I took with my first partner in crime, Jenny.

Jenny and I both love all things Disney and joked throughout college that we would visit together after we graduated.  As we got closer to graduation, we stopped joking and decided to make it a reality.  My mom and aunt decided to join us, and thus, our post graduation Disney extravaganza was born. 

Our group outside the Magic Kingdom
 Jenny had only been to Disney once when she was very young and couldn’t remember anything from the trip, so we made sure to show her everything.  Although I had been to Disney, I was excited to see some new attractions that had been added since my last visit, including Expedition Everest in Animal Kingdom.  


I am not a huge fan of roller coasters, but my mom, who had been on the ride before, assured me it was not as bad as it looked.  Now, if you haven’t been on this ride, I’m going to share a spoiler here in a second. 

We were riding along when we got to where the Yeti has demolished the track.  The ride stops briefly before it starts going backwards.  I can deal with roller coasters, but roller coasters going backwards terrify me.  I started yelling at my mom. “You didn’t tell me it goes BACKWARDS!”  Naturally, she just laughed at me.  Thanks, mom.

After that, Jenny decided that I was actually a Yeti.  So, it became a running joke during our trip that whenever she said “YETI” I would morph into my Yeti alter ego:
 

 I have so many stories and memories from this trip, it will always be one of my favorite visits to Disney World.  It also made me want to vacation with friends far more often than I do, because we really had the best time ever.

Thanks for reading my silly Disney memories, now I can’t wait to go back!  If you want to read more about my life, feel free to visit my personal blog, Express the Jess. 

Thanks for having me!

1 comment:

  1. I love Expedition Everest! We don't wind up going to AK very often, but that is one of my favourite rides in Disney World!

    ReplyDelete