Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Books: February 2013

...or, more accurately, book.  Yeah.  I only read one book this month.  And technically, at the time I'm writing this post, I haven't quiiiiiiiiite finished it yet.  But I will by tomorrow, the end of the month!

via Tower Books
Believe it or not, I've never actually read The Lord of the Rings.  I tried to, in middle school, when the movies were first being released...but it's kind of a slow read, and it reminded me more of a history book than a novel, so I never finished the first book.  I hate history.  But then I met Mr. Geek, and after a few years (literally) of convincing, I finally decided to give Tolkien another go.  At The Mister's suggestion, I started with The Hobbit this time- which reads more like a fairytale than a textbook and therefore feels more like entertainment than work.

So now, I've finally started LotR.  And...I like it!  This isn't nearly as arduous as I remember :)  Maybe it's because I enjoyed The Hobbit (both the book and the movie) aaaaaaaaaand because we listened to the first half on CD while driving back and forth from Alabama for wedding stuff.  So technically I've only read half this book, but it counts!  And I like it.  And in March, I'm tackling the next one.

What books did you read this month?

Much love,
The Geeks

No comments:

Post a Comment