Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Fashion Adventures: That's Hot

I'm from Alabama, and Mr. Geek is from Arkansas, so we know real heat and humidity.  Any other year, I wouldn't necessarily complain about the almost-100's we've been experiencing here in the DC area (and will continue to experience for the rest of July), or the almost-daily rain showers.  But, see, I've never been pregnant in the summer time before...

hmm...pink tint much?  I'm still learning how to use Gimp...
Thankfully, it won't be summer anymore at the end of the pregnancy when I'm super-extra-huge, but even still...it's hot, y'all.  As such, I've been wearing skirts and dresses as often as possible, even on Saturday afternoons when my schedule consists of hanging pictures and running to Michaels for supplies... Like this Saturday, when I took these pictures.  (23 weeks and 2 days, for those on bump-watch.)


These were taken in our back yard!  We have a back yard!  With an amazing fence!  And trees!  And grass!  And a grill (which needs to be cleaned...)!  Renting a house is so much better than renting an apartment :)

Anyway. 

We got a really good deal on a tripod at Best Buy earlier this summer, with the intention of being able to take family photos once Chief arrives, but there's the added bonus of being able to take outfit photos without having to pester Mr. Geek into taking them for me!  (Oh wow that sounds conceited... Blogging is weird, y'all.)



Oh and see that bag?  That's my birthday present :)  Pretty much all of my birthday presents this year were actually for Chief- which is wonderful, I love all the pretty things we've gotten for Chief- so Mr. Geek wanted to get something for just me.  I've been saving my credit card points and was hoping to save up enough to trade in for a Nordstrom gift card (or several) so I could buy myself a Coach bag *for free*, which would likely have taken a year or so.  And then RueLaLa had a Coach factory sale...and this beauty was something like 60% off...and it was my birthday...

 

Dress: Kohl's
Earrings: Charlotte Russe
Shoes: Converse Chuck Taylors via Off Broadway Shoes
Bag: Coach "Gallery" tote via RueLaLa

How are you coping with the heat?

Much love,
The Geeks

*all photos personal

No comments:

Post a Comment