Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Fashion Adventures: Fall Florals

I considered titling this post "Furlough Fashion" but I'm still too pissed to joke about it.  So although these pictures were taken exactly a week ago (34 weeks 6 days), we can pretend I wasn't wearing jeans on a Wednesday, when I should have been in something more office-appropriate.


This top was a rare purchase for me on one of my many Kohl's outings to stock up on baby clothes.  I'm getting sick of maternity clothes and am looking forward to being back in regular shirts again, so this is a non-maternity top.  While we're pretending things, let's pretend that the bottom couple of buttons aren't straining to stay closed because I felt super cute wearing this, not knowing how very close to bursting it looked.


There may be leaves on the ground, but it was upwards of 80 degrees when these photos were taken.  I'm not normally one to complain about warm weather, but it's October, for heaven's sake- I'd rather be in scarves than shorts!  (Yes I'm in jeans in these photos, but I was in shorts just a couple of days later...)


Headband: Forever 21
Necklace: gift
Floral top: LC Lauren Conrad via Kohl's 
T-shirt: Target Maternity
Jeans: Old Navy Maternity
Watch: Kohl's
Boots: Shoe Station


Has the weather been unseasonably warm where you are?  Moms- when did you start getting sick of elastic waistbands?

Much love,
The Geeks

*all photos personal*

2 comments:

  1. SO sick of elastic waistbands! I brought out a maxi dress today -- even though it makes me look extra-huge, at least it isn't made of spandex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got maxi dress pictures to share on Monday lol and spoiler alert- wearing that much fabric makes me look bigger than I really am :/ But then, wearing less fabric (ie non-maternity stuff) makes me look bigger than I really am with the straining buttons and whatnot. The universe is against us, I guess!

      Delete