Sunday, January 19, 2014

Wedding Recaps: Gettin' Our Hairs Did

The morning of our wedding, I woke up pretty dang early (for a Saturday), slipped into some jeans and a hoodie, put my contacts in, and sat down at the computer to write this post (which unfortunately didn't go live on the 'Bee until a couple of days later).  I shuffled into the kitchen where my mom handed me a mug of coffee, gave me a hug, and asked how I was feeling.  I'm honestly not sure how I answered that question, but I know the stress of a couple of days before was gone and I was oh-so-ready to become Mrs. Geek.

My sisters and the other bridesmaids started to wake up and trickle into the kitchen to dig in to some of the amazing breakfast goodies my parents had laid out.

Mr Geek's Best Woman and my mom enjoying some breakfast
My dad grabbed some, too
The hair dresser showed up a little while later to start beautifying us, but unfortunately her assistant was unable to join her like we'd expected, so some girls decided they'd rather do their own hair to ensure that everyone was ready to go on time.  Can I just say that we all look pretty fantastic without make up in the morning? ;)

BM BabySis waiting her turn
the epic braid starts...
Next up was Best Woman L
then BM BabySis gets a Katniss braid...
then one of our Tiny Attendants, M E, begins her princess transformation
After we finished our hair and make up, the girls got into their dresses, we loaded the cars with everything we needed (or so we thought...), and we zipped around the corner to the church to meet the photographer and finish getting ready.

Did you go to a salon to have your hair done the morning of your wedding, or did the salon come to you?

*all photos personal*

No comments:

Post a Comment