Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Fashion Adventures: Progress and Purple Pants

I feel like I'm making some progress lately when it comes to the size and shape of my body.  I've been making an effort to eat healthier (and I gave up desserts for Lent, though that's not intended to be a diet plan).  I do still want seconds (or thirds!) at dinner time, and I'm snacking constantly throughout the day, but these are side effects of breastfeeding.  I'm trying to keep my snacking to the realm of foods that promote the formation of breast milk- mainly oatmeal and granola bars.  I also drink tons of water every day, with the occasional cup of Mother's Milk tea for good measure (though I realize I should drink 4-6 cups for it to be truly effective). 

On the exercise front, we've taken advantage of the spurts of warm weather to put Chief in her stroller and go for a walk around the block.  Of course, it got cold again this weekend and snowed yesterday, so going outside was out of the question, but it's supposed to get warm again by the end of the week so we'll venture out some more.  Chief is really starting to get heavy- 13lbs 12oz at her last check-up last week- so just carrying her around is a workout.  She thinks it's funny to be "bench pressed" (and get a kiss each time she comes back down) so that little game helps me work on my arms.  Real cardio workouts are going to have to wait, I'm afraid.  I'm too scared to wear a sports bra or otherwise tight-fitting tops because they can cause plugged ducts or otherwise interfere with milk production and besides, depending on how long it's been since I've pumped or nursed her, just walking quickly can be painful.  So, for now, my workout plan is just being a mom- breastfeeding, carrying Chief around, and playing with her.


I'm measuring my progress based on how my clothing fits, and these purple corduroy pants finally fit again!  These pictures were taken just over a week ago, the day before Chief turned 4 months old.  I still have days where I'm overwhelmingly frustrated by how much farther I have to go to reach normal again- days where I wish I could stop feeling so hungry all the time, or that I had the time to whip out an old Pilates dvd and actually finish it, or that jogging wasn't so painful for my chest.  But then another pair of pants will finally button, and I get a little confidence boost.  Nine months on, nine months off.

 
 
 

Earrings: gift
Necklace: Francesca's
Sweater: Chadwick's
Watch, Corduroys: Kohl's
Boots: Target


How do you define progress when it comes to your body image?

Much love,
The Geeks

No comments:

Post a Comment