Sunday, June 29, 2014

Answer Me This: Metro and Mars

It's been a few weeks, but once again I'm linking up over at Catholic All Year for her Answer Me This series.

http://www.catholicallyear.com/2014/06/answer-me-this-occasional-perils-of.html

1. How often do you take public transportation?

from our engagement photo session // photo via Emile Frey
 Not very often.  It's funny, because it's always been easy to tell people I live "in D.C." even though that's not true at all- we live out in the suburbs in Virginia.  But my family and friends back home have it in their heads that we live just steps from the White House, or something, so they're always baffled when I tell them that we never go into the District.  If we ever do, though, I will gladly add 30 minutes to the trip in order to take the Metro- I've only ever driven into D.C. once, and I don't intend to repeat the experience.

2. How many cousins do you have?

my cutest cousins // photo via One Photo Gallery
 I have 6 cousins on my mom's side (including these twin cuties you see above) and technically 8 on my dad's side (two are step-cousins, if that's a thing).  That's just first cousins, though.  My dad has a ton of cousins close to my age, and one of my cousins has a daughter, so she's technically a cousin, too.  And then some of my dads cousins have kids, who are also technically my cousins...I have a rather large extended family.  Mr. Geek, however, can count all of his first cousins on one hand.  (That's part of why we had everyone sit wherever they wanted at our wedding- because otherwise the church would have been incredibly lopsided.)

3. Have you ever fired a gun?

December 2008 ... back when I was skinny... // *personal photo*
 Yes!  In high school and college, my sister and I would go with our dad and Papaw to a shooting range with our uncle every Christmas to try our hand at his arsenal.  The trip to the range was available before high school, too, but when I was younger I preferred to hang with the women and do girly things instead of doing what I deemed to be a "boy" activity.  I'm not entirely sure I'm particularly good at it, but I am able to shoot and reload safely, so that's the most important part.  One of my "30 before 30" goals is to buy a handgun and get a concealed carry license- you know, while it's still legal...

4. Do you ride roller coasters?

any excuse to share our Disneymoon photos... // *personal photo*
 (So Mission: Space is technically not a roller coaster, but it is a thrill ride, and I consider that close enough.)

YES.  I love roller coasters!  When I was little, I refused to ride anything that went upside down, but in 5th grade my Girl Scout troop went to Hershey Park and I worked up the courage to ride the Sooper Dooper Looper and it's all been downhill (and uphill, and around corkscrews and upside down) fro there!

5. What's your favorite flower?

White roses, definitely.  Or whatever flower Mr. Geek brings home when he buys me "just because" flowers (which he does all the time!).

6. Are you allergic to anything?

Not as far as I know, thank heavens.  Well, I have the general seasonal allergies that everyone around here has, but of course I can't take any antihistamines right now (because of breastfeeding) so thankfully it's not too miserable.

Blog your answers and link up over at Catholic All Year!

Much love,
The Geeks

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Right? :) My uncle has quite the collection. I've learned a lot shooting with him, my dad, and my late grandfather.

      Delete