Saturday, January 2, 2016

Best of 2015

lulz, it looks like the star is growing out of Mr Geek's head // *personal photo*
Merry Christmas!  (Because it still is Christmas, don't let social media fool you.)

As it's officially 2016 now, I figured it's a- time to break the accidental hiatus that always always always happens on this blog in December and b- time to look back at the past year!

So here, in no particular order, are my personal favorite Our Geeky Adventure posts from 2015:

That Time I Took My Sister's Engagement Photos
My sister is getting married in May and has apparently also lost her mind, because she asked me to shoot her engagement photos.  They actually turned out rather good!

Crafting Adventures: Treebeard
We went to the Maryland Renaissance Festival in costume this year!  I did a couple of posts explaining how I whipped up the outfits for two hobbits and Treebeard the Ent.

Fashion Adventures: I Made Her a Skirt!
I shared with you my first foray into making clothes for this little goober (shown here talking to Daddy on the phone and explaining that we were in the middle of a photo shoot).

Fashion Adventures: Sweater Skirt
I got better at making skirts, and she got more excited about photo shoots.

Bookish Adventures: The Ocean at the End of the Lane
I finally read Neil Gaiman, and now I want to read his grocery lists, no joke.

Bookish Adventures: The Martian
I also read The Martian and suggest you do, too, even (especially?) if you've already seen the movie.

Twenty Random Things About Mrs Geek
I shared 20 random things about myself, because, you know, I'm random like that.

Potter Talk: Tom's Worst Memory
Mr. Geek and I proved that even though it's been 8 years since the last book was released, it's still possible to come up with new Harry Potter theories.

Culinary Adventures: Pumpkin Pie Brownies
I made these brownies with a pumpkin pie layer in the middle and they were pretty gosh darn good, if I do say so myself.

Currently, Chief is... {2 years}
Our little goober turned two!  Our home is officially baby-less :(  But what an incredible two years it has been!

So those were my favorite posts this year!  Did you have a favorite post that I didn't mention?

Are you a blogger?  What were your favorite posts this year?  Share them over at Like Mother, Like Daughter, where I'm linking up!

Much love,
The Geeks

2 comments:

  1. I love your dress in the top photo!!! Also, thanks for reminding me (since I keep forgetting) that I need to read "The Martian." I keep forgetting that book each time I visit the library!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea the Martian was a book! It's good to know these things. ;)

    I know I need to read something other than Stardust because I've tried it twice, in book and movie, and finished neither. Hmmm. I feel like I should really like him!

    ReplyDelete