Sunday, May 4, 2014

Answer Me This: Crybabies

Time to link up over at Catholic All Year again!

http://www.catholicallyear.com/2014/05/answer-me-this-no-crybabies-allowed.html


1. Are you becoming your mother?

my favorite picture of my mom and me, taken when my parents were dropping me off at a summer camp in middle school // *photo by my dad*
Let's be honest- I became my mother a very long time ago.  I carry a huge purse filled with everything anyone could possibly need, and I routinely lose my keys in its depths.  When I say goodbye to people, I tag on, "Be safe!"  I drive slow, and I talk to the drivers of other cars, as if they could hear me.  Also, I'm losing my mind.  So yeah, I've become my mother.

  2. Coffee or tea?

getting some caffeine before the Easter Vigil when Mr Geek came into full communion with the Church / April 2012 // *personal photo*
 Coffee, definitely.  My go-to is a sugary espresso drink at Starbucks, but I've had to stick to decaf since I got pregnant.  (I'm interested to see what happens to me the first time I suck down some espresso again once Chief is done with breast milk...)  Mr Geek found a tutorial on the internet for how to make your own foamed milk without one of those fancy milk-foaming machines, so he likes to whip up fancy schmancy lattes on Sunday mornings.  While I was pregnant, I would sip on some Sleepy Time tea to help me de-stress, but I was never that impressed with it.  I also turned to English breakfast tea when I needed a pick-me-up during pregnancy, since it has much less caffeine than coffee, but I don't even drink that anymore.  And then, of course, there's Mother's Milk tea, which, let's face it, is NASTY, but I drink it anyway- generally only 1 cup a day, even though you need like 6 for it to be truly effective- though I have to stir in a ton of honey to make it palatable.  I definitely prefer my tea iced and super sweet, with a wedge of lemon.

3. What foreign country would you like to visit?

Rome, from the rooftop of my hotel at breakfast / 15 September 2012 // *personal photo*
 I'd love to spend some time in England, and I really, really want to visit the Holy Land.  Mostly, I want to go back to Italy, this time with my husband and daughter instead of a handful of coworkers that I don't particularly like.

4. Do you cry easily?

 Did I have to put this book down and walk away for a few hours before I finished it so I could regain control of my emotions?

Yes, yes I did.  And yes, the trailer makes me all teary-eyed every time I watch it, so I will probably be an embarrassing mess when we see this in theaters.

5. How often do you wear heels?

my sister/MOH helping me with my shoes on the wedding day / 10 November 2012 // *photo by One Photo Gallery*
 Um, I wore flats on my wedding day, so...rarely.  I wear heels extremely rarely.  This is mainly due to the fact that sometime around 2012 my arches decided to fall and wearing heels / standing on my toes for any significant period of time became not just uncomfortable but down right painful.  I have a pair of sensible, low nude heels and a pair of sensible, low black heels for when they are absolutely necessary (that is, when I want to feel fancy) but I can't really manage the properly high heels in my closet anymore (I'm just too nostalgic to get rid of them).

6. Do you play an instrument?

playing the bongos in Epcot on our honeymoon // *personal photo*
 Ha, nope.  My sisters took all the musical talents in our family (both in marching band, a drummer and a trumpet-er) but I think it's fair to say that I'm the better dancer of the three of us, so at least I have good rhythm.  My Grandma would often remark about my long, thin fingers when I was younger and suggest I take piano lessons, but after learning "Heart and Soul" on her piano, I lost interest in the instrument.  I'm decent at the drums on Rock Band (though I suck at the guitar).

Go answer these questions on your blog and add yourself to the link-up!

Much love,
The Geeks

2 comments:

  1. Your wedding dress looks amazingly beautiful. I hear you on the flats - I actually wore flip flops to my wedding. And that picture of you and your Mom is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's actually vintage, from 1948! And yeah I looooove that picture of my mom and me.

      Delete