Monday, February 3, 2014

I'm Back!

Hey folks!

My maternity leave is officially over, both in the working world and here in blog-land.  And I have big plans for this here little blog!

You may notice that things are a bit prettier around here!  I designed this new look myself (obviously- I have pretty much no graphic design experience) using the free software Inkscape (which is also what I used to design our wedding invitations).  Our Geeky Adventure also has a social media presence now- though I'm still kind of getting the hang of it (damn that makes me sound old).  Check out OGA on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

I'm also planning to post every weekday now instead of my old Monday-Wednesday-Friday schedule.  I totally reserve the right to switch back to that schedule if life gets too busy (and being a working mom, it is likely to get VERY busy) but I hope I'll be able to post something every day.

Although I still don't want this space to become a "mommy blog", it is about our life, and that life involves our baby, so it will be evident from now on that this blog is written by a mom.  And this week is going to be nothing-but-baby- and also rather TMI.  I've written an (incredibly long) birth story- because we had an incredibly long labor and delivery- and that's going to occupy the rest of this week.  So if you're not interested in birth stories because you find them boring or just plain TMI, please stay away this week!  As for next week, I've got some recipes and some awkward outfit photos that are sure to get a few lulz out of y'all, so come back for that!

And finally- hello Weddingbee readers!  If you enjoyed my posts on the 'Bee, I hope you like what you see here!  'Round these parts, we're known as Mr. and Mrs. Geek, and our brand new daughter is called Master Chief- basically, Mr. Geek wanted to try to get that name (a reference to the video game Halo) on her birth certificate as a joke, which obviously didn't happen, but the nickname stuck.  You can check out our honeymoon recaps, some of my favorite simple recipes, and my lame attempts at being a fashion blogger.  If you have a question or suggestion for what you'd like to see around here, use the email button in the sidebar, leave a comment here, or contact me on social media.  I'd love to hear from you!

I'm really excited to grow this little blog; I hope I can entertain you a little with a look at our adventurous little life!

Much love,
The Geeks

2 comments: