Thursday, November 10, 2016

Four

Photo by One Photo Gallery
I must've had a wicked childhood
I must've had a miserable youth
But somewhere in my wicked, miserable past
I must've done something good
For here you are, standing there, loving me
Whether or not you should
So somewhere in my youth
Or childhood
I must've done something good
-Something Good from Rogers and Hammerstein's The Sound of Music

Four years is not a long time, and yet from where I stand, I feel this firm foundation we've built.  I see how strong and sturdy we are- and I can see it because every time the wind starts to blow, I can hold on to you, and you hold on to me, and you keep us upright until the storm passes.

I don't know that I could ever deserve you, but I'm grateful to be given the opportunity to try.

Year five promises to be the most adventurous yet, so let's hold on tight.

-------------------------

Our little one turns three today, too.  I'll share her update on Monday, along with a recap of the birthday party we're throwing for her on Sunday!

Much love,
The Geeks

4 comments: