Monday, April 23, 2012

And I Do My Little Turn on the Catwalk

Confession time:

I love having my picture taken. 

Acting like  a supermodel, around age 12 or so
Sure, I went through a phase where I hated having my parents' camera in my face,

At the beach, age 7 or so
but for the most part, I've always been good about putting on a show when cameras are around.

We were lining up for a little race through the neighborhood; I was more concerned with the camera getting my good side.  Shout out to MOH (the one in the Alabama shirt) and BM BabySis (the lil toddler on the end)
Maybe it's because I was a dancer from age 3 through high school

That's me standing on the far right, tap class, age 9
but then again there were times when, even in costume, I didn't have the patience for pictures.

Age 9 again...MOH has more patience than I do in this picture
Mr Geek, on the other hand, normally reacts like this when there's a camera around:

Ring Banquet at Virginia Tech, 2009
Ring Dance at Virginia Tech, 2009, with BM BabySis
If he even looks at the camera at all!
So we had a bit of a challenge on our hands when it came time to talk about engagement photos.

Wait wait wait- engagement photos?  But I haven't talked about booking a photographer yet!

...that's because we haven't booked a photographer yet.  Still.  Yikes.  I'll get to that in a later post.

See, Mr. Geek has this wonderfully talented friend named Emile.  He's one of those guys that's good at everything he tries- and incredibly humble, to boot.  One of those things Emile is good at is photography!  (See where I'm going with this?)

Since Mr. Geek moved up to Leesburg, he's wanted Emile to come visit and see the area.  Almost immediately after we got engaged, Mr. Geek asked Emile if he'd like to spend MLK weekend with him and, if he wouldn't mind, take some pictures of us.  We paid for his airfare (since flying from Louisiana to DC is not cheap), covered his meals all weekend, and showed him a good time at some museums and touristy things in DC, and in return, he took some beautiful pictures of us.

Want to see?

Our first set was taken on the swing set right outside of Mr. Geek's apartment.

This photo and all following courtesy Emile Frey
To ensure there were no goofy faces (well, not too many, anyway), I told Mr. Geek to just look at me most of the time instead of the camera.  This gave us pictures with natural smiles on both our faces instead of awkwardness or forced facial expressions.

Of course, staring at each other the whole time made it kind of difficult to not just do this:

and it also didn't necessarily prevent goofy faces
This is actually one of our favorite pictures from the weekend!
but at least those goofy faces made me laugh!

We have a ton more photos from the e-shoot weekend...but you'll have to tune in next time to see them!

Do you like having your picture taken?  Does your groom?  How did you get over camera-jitters?

Much love,
The Geeks

No comments:

Post a Comment