Friday, July 13, 2012

PRESENTS!

No, we haven't gotten anything off our registry yet.  (Does it sound bratty to say I can't wait until we do?  Does it sound Bridezilla-y?)

But we did get a present!

Okay so it was intended as a birthday present, but still.  Presents is presents!

Remember our amazing engagement session?  We ended up with some beautiful shots.  One of those shots really stood out to my younger sister and MOH:

photo by Emile Frey
My sister is an artist- and an amazing one at that.  One of her art school projects was to enlarge an image using a grid, and to create it using only dots and hash marks.  The result?  An AMAZING birthday present / early wedding gift!

{personal photo}
Eeek!  Isn't that gorgeous?  This beauty is framed and hanging on the wall in my (soon to be our!) apartment so that when you open the front door, it's one of the first things you see.  She's told me she may have to steal it next year for her senior show as it's one of her proudest pieces...I may be able to part with it momentarily, but only if she promises not to sell it to anybody else!

I love my super talented sister! // photo by Mr. Geek
Did you receive any handmade wedding gifts?

Much love,
The Geeks

No comments:

Post a Comment