Friday, October 10, 2014

Oh, Internet... {54}

It's been approximately 1 million years since I last did an Oh, Internet... post, but I actually had time to look at the internet this week, so I figured I'd show you what I found!

I'm almost done sewing our family Hallowe'en costumes, but they are nowhere near as amazing as the ones that Make It and Love It makes for her kids!  (I'm trying not to feel inadequate...)
This one pot red wine pasta from A Beautiful Mess looks divine!

Carrots for Michaelmas shared a beautiful reflection on instilling positive body image in her children.

This tumblr is too perfect.

Kelly at View Along the Way is incredible- seriously, you should read every post at her blog!-  and she's begun chronicling her task to decorate a room in a safe house for women rescued from sex trafficking.  Isn't that amazing?

Shayla at Northern Exposure wrote about how awful it is when people say "just you wait" and tell you how terrible it is to have kids.  I hate this, too- why can't we share the positive parts of parenthood?  (Which, by the way, far outweigh the negative.)  I found that people offer the same negativity when I talk about how happily married we are- "Just you wait, the honeymoon phase won't last forever!"


What happened on your internet this week?

Much love,
The Geeks

No comments:

Post a Comment