Monday, January 19, 2015

Fashion Adventures: I'm So Fancy

...and now you have that song stuck in your head.

You're welcome.

A sorta-kinda "resolution" of mine this year is to dress a little more thoughtfully for work (and everyday, but mainly for work).  The dress code in my office is a very loose interpretation of "business casual", meaning most people show up in jeans, Chucks, and a collared shirt every single day.  (As a woman, I can get away without the collar- some sort of cute sweater or something.  Just not a t-shirt, unless it's a Friday.)  This is to be expected when one works IT, and since sleep is a premium in the house, I really do appreciate that I can roll out of bed and throw on the first thing I see in my closet and still be considered office-appropriate.  I especially love that nobody bats an eye if I decide to skip my make up.

But I've found that if I'm dressed nicer- even if that outfit still includes jeans- I tend to be in a better mood.  And I need all the help I can get to be in a good mood at work nowadays, so if I have to get up a little earlier in order to actually do something with my hair, I think that's a sacrifice I need to make.


Normally nobody notices what I'm wearing, but if one of the handful of women in the office shows up in a skirt- a dress, no less- then everybody notices.

"Why are you so fancy today?"

"Do you have an interview?"

"Do you have to give a presentation?"

"Seriously, who are you interviewing with?"

Nope, nothing special about the day I wore this outfit.  Just a Monday.  Just felt like it.  And you know what?  When you wear gold sequins on a Monday, that Monday sucks just a little bit less.




earrings: gift
blouse, dress, tights: Kohl's
necklace: Francesca's
watch: Kate Spade
shoes: Kenneth Cole Reaction via Off Broadway Shoes


Does the way you dress affect your mood?

Much love,
The Geeks

*all photos personal*

No comments:

Post a Comment