Saturday, October 1, 2016

Oh, Internet {89}

Uuuuuum I didn't post all week >.<  But I have a good excuse!  I promise!  And around about, oh, mid-October you'll be able to see what I've been working so diligently on :)  (Psst, I finally figured out Instagram Stories, so if you follow me there, you may have seen a sneak peek of what's going on at Casa Geek- and I'll be sharing more as I go!)

But thankfully other people blogged this week, so you can read them :)

Magic Kingdom celebrates its 45th anniversary this weekend!  How exciting!

So like I said, I can barely manage to blog once a week, but Julie at These Walls is signing up to post every day in October- that's definitely brave!

As our society pushes us to teach children how to read (and do math and use computers) earlier and earlier, are we potentially robbing them of the joys of reading in exchange for the hard skills?  There are a lot of great points made over here at Sew Many Wild Things.

Catholic Mom has a great list of 13 Ways a Busy Mom can Pray the Rosary.

Speaking of moms- If You Bring a Mom a Muffin is a lovely (and non-pushy) reminder of ways you can help a mom with a new baby at home.

Sterling Jaquith attended the St. Catherine of Sienna Set the World Ablaze Conference for Women, where she heard Meg Hunter-Kilmer talk about evangelization- and how we should talk about Christ the way we used to talk about that cute boy with a guitar...passionately and non-stop!

Jenny at The Littlest Way has something to say about the critics of St Theresa of Calcutta- exactly how can one hope to achieve sainthood in our modern culture if even Mother Theresa isn't good enough?

What awesome things happened on your internet this week?

Much love,
The Geeks

2 comments:

  1. This is the first time I've seen your internet list but I like it a lot! Thanks for putting relevant and positive posts all in one place!

    ReplyDelete