Monday, October 14, 2013

Fashion Adventures: Maxed Out

Like I said last week, I'm really getting sick of elastic waistbands.  I'm getting so huge now that even though my maternity pants and shorts still technically fit, skirts and dresses are way more comfortable and feel less constrictive.  However, now that I'm this huge, any dresses or skirts that fit properly aren't really doing me any favors when it comes to silhouette- case in point, this maxi dress.  I originally bought it to wear to my baby sister's high school graduation this summer and while it swallowed my tiny bump then, it's actually making me look bigger than I really am now.  Still, I love the print, and I definitely can't get away with wearing something like this when I'm not pregnant, so I may as well enjoy it now, right?


These photos were taken just over a week ago at 35 weeks 3 days, and you may notice that I'm still wearing my wedding and engagement rings (though not my class ring, as it hasn't fit for quite a while now).  The night these photos were taken, it was kind of a struggle to take my wedding set off before taking a shower, and then when I got back out again, it was impossible to put them back on!  There were little indentations on my finger for a full 24 hours after the fact, too.  I've since put the rings on the chain with the beautiful diamond pendant that Mr. Geek bought me as a wedding gift, so I hope that's enough to convince people that I am not, in fact, filming an episode of 16 and Pregnant.  Hopefully it doesn't take too long for the swelling to go down after Chief gets here.  I'm lucky that the only other place I'm puffing up is my ankles, and even there it's only slightly- all of my shoes still fit, and I managed to spend the whole day in heels for the baby shower!

 
Necklace: gift
Dress & belt: Calvin Klein via Ross
Sweater: Charlotte Russe
Watch: Kohl's
Sandals: Gift


So moms, which did you prefer during pregnancy- elastic waistbands or maxi dresses? 

Much love,
The Geeks

*all photos personal, taken by the lovely and talented Mr. Geek*

No comments:

Post a Comment