Monday, May 18, 2015

Fashion Adventures: Mother's Day in a Tutu

So.

I bought a tutu.

No, I'm not enrolling in ballet classes again.  I bought a tutu for everyday wear.  Well, not every day.  Fancy days.

Mother's Day was a pretty fancy day.  Mr. Geek and Chief took me out to a delicious brunch, they gave me a beautiful new watch, I got to relax all afternoon, and we went to church in the evening.

And I got to wear my new tutu!


Chief went shopping with me when I bought this outfit at Kohl's, and I was really hemming and hawing over whether or not to actually buy the skirt.

"Is Mommy too old to wear something like this?" I asked her in the dressing room as I checked to see if it made my butt look too big.

"No!" she said forcefully, grinning at me from her stroller and kicking her feet.

Well, okay then!  I guess I'm allowed to wear a tutu.






sweater, skirt, shoes: Kohl's                                                                                            on her:
pearls: gift                                                                                         sweater, dress, shoes: gift
watch: Kate Spade                                                                                                socks: Kohl's


We clean up pretty good, eh?

What did you do for Mother's Day?  (Which, yes, was over a week ago, and I'm just now blogging about it.  Hush, I've been busy!)

Would you wear a tutu as everyday wear?  (Well, as fancy day wear.)

Much love,
The Geeks

No comments:

Post a Comment