Friday, September 14, 2012

Making a (Stylish) Getaway, Part 3

Previously, on Our Geeky Adventure:

-Limos are a little...high school prom- to me, anyway
-So we'll be driving to Disney in my car!
-And I need a short white dress for this getaway

So I know I said no limos...but if there were some way to hire Alfred as chauffeur, I think we'd be okay with riding in the Batmobile to Disney :)

{personal photo}
This was taken in the parking lot of a Lowe's in Chantilly.  Somebody took an old limo and added on some pieces to the body to make it look like the Batmobile.  When he went into the store to go shopping, we (and a bunch of other people) used the opportunity to snap a bunch of pictures.  Before anyone had a chance to talk to him about this project, however, he had already hopped back in and driven away in a huff.  Apparently he didn't understand the bystanders' fascination.

Anyway.

I found a getaway dress!  I was at Kohl's the other day snapping up some pieces for a business trip when I found this hanging on a sale rack:

{personal photo}
 These are elbow-length sleeves as opposed to long sleeves but gah this dress was just calling to me!  And it's more of a cream than a white but hey- so is my wedding gown.

I can already think of about a million ways to wear this dress and I really want to wear it now...but I'm going to force myself to wait until the big day.

So what do you think?  Would you hitch a ride with Batman on your big day?  Do you like this creamy, lacy, adorable getaway dress?

Much love,
The Geeks

No comments:

Post a Comment