Monday, January 7, 2013

A Short Skirt and a Loooooong Jacket


I'm in the market for a trench coat.  (Okay, fine, I've been in the market for a trench coat for at least a year now, but my thriftyness is sometimes detrimental, and I balk at the idea of spending a heavy chunk of change on a single item of clothing, even if said single item is a wardrobe staple that will be utilized often and for many years to come.)

Not just any trench coat, though- I want one that is some bright, obnoxious color.  I don't know why we tend to gravitate towards neutrals in outerwear- black or brown for pea coats, khaki for trench coats- but I'd really like a "grown-up rain coat" that isn't shy.

via ModCloth
via Target
Vince Camuto, via Zappos
via Burberry
What I'm really after is a bright emerald green, but I can't seem to find one anywhere.  Guess I'll keep looking.

So what about you- do you prefer your outerwear loud and bright or quiet and unassuming?

Much love,
The Geeks

No comments:

Post a Comment