Friday, January 4, 2013

Oh, Internet...

Many a blogger will end the week with a "things I saw on the internet this week" post (or something similar), so I figured I'd try my hand at one.  For now, the format will be inspired by Kaelah Bee's "Things I Love Thursday" posts.  Here goes!

-My baby sister shared this with me on Facebook.  I'm pretty sure it was a sketch from Jimmy Kimmel, and I'm pretty sure I've seen it before...but it's hilarious.  Oh LOST, how I miss you!

image via Hypable // I'm not normally an award show person, but with these two hosting, I might actually watch the Golden Globes!


-I think the marketing campaign for Monsters University is absolutely brilliant- advertising the school as a real place instead of focusing on the plot of the movie (although obviously there have been trailers involving the plot, too). 

photo by Joanna Henderson, via Apartment Therapy
photo by Mustard Seed Photography, via Mrs. Wallaby on Weddingbee
this delicious recipe from Skinny Taste was dinner last night!


-I agree with BoingBoing's assessment of this situation- if the Oscars can't make e-voting work on such a small scale, how on earth could we make it work for a national presidential election?

-Pakistan decided to lift their block of YouTube.  Three minutes later, they were offended again and re-blocked it.

-It appears that Newspapers in Ireland are hell-bent on driving themselves out of business- they are demanding that people pay them hundreds of euros to link to articles from their websites in the form of a licensing fee. 

-Mr. Geek recently convinced me that milk is actually drinkable a day or two past its sell-by date, and according to this article, that may be true of most foods.  Makes sense, really, as it's a sell-by date and not an eat-by date.

What has the internet done for you this week?

Much love,
The Geeks

No comments:

Post a Comment