Wednesday, February 6, 2013

On Virtual Experiences

I could write a post for you today about how the internet has made it possible to carry on relationships with people without ever meeting them face-to-face, how we feel we're somehow still connected to our high school friends because we're friends on Facebook, and how some people are apparently okay with buying a car after "virtually test-driving" it on a website (that is, watching a video taken from the driver's seat of the car).  Such a post would be inspired by the following video from the amazing John Green:


Instead, I'll just let you watch and enjoy this video.

(Personally, I still want to go to London and experience this in real life.  And I'd rather sit with my baby sister and discuss the latest plot developments in The Lizzie Bennet Diaries than comment on her posts about it on Facebook.)

Much love,
The Geeks

No comments:

Post a Comment