Monday, February 25, 2013

Fashion Aspirations

Today it was in the upper 40's...spring is just around the corner and I'm so excited!  My wardrobe is not quite ready yet, though.  There are a few key pieces I want to acquire that can be remixed a millions different ways this season and beyond.

A Blue Pant Suit

earrings: Forever 21 / jacket: New York & Company / top: ModCloth / necklace: ModCloth / pants: New York & Company / bag: Prada via Rue La La / shoes: ModCloth
I have a grey pant suit and a black suit with both pants and a skirt, but I'd really like to shake things up with a bright blue pant suit that I can wear with a plain white blouse or other bright colors.  The Prada bag included in this board is never gonna happen, but hey, a girl can dream, right?  I would like to pick up a nice square handbag, though.

A Grey Pencil Skirt

cardigan: ModCloth / earrings: ModCloth / top: Ted Baker via ideeli / bag: ModCloth / skirt: ModCloth / shoes: Vince Camuto via ideeli
 I can't believe I've made it this far in life without a pencil skirt.  I need to correct that.  We'll start with a dark neutral (preferably a grey, not a black) and then maybe branch out to bright colors.  I love the rosy pink-and-red theme of this board, especially that lovely cardigan- I'm a sucker for sweaters in every color of the rainbow.

Navy Blazer

earrings: ModCloth / shirt: Brooks Brothers via Rue La La / blazer: Forever 21 / khakis: J Crew / shoes: Stella McCartney via ideeli / bag: Forever 21
 I really think the whole khaki-pants-and-navy-blazer look isn't something reserved for boys only- so I want to try it, too.  I realize I just mentioned finding myself a blue pant suit, but for that I'm thinking more of a cobalt blue- this blazer is more of a sport-coat-navy-blue.  And I think it's time to get a new everyday bag- this time I think I'll go for a tan instead of a black.

What basic pieces are you looking for this spring?

Much love,
The Geeks

No comments:

Post a Comment