Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Fancy Dress

Mr. Geek and I have tickets to the ballet in March- The Washington Ballet's Cinderella.  It was sort of a joint Valentine's present to each other- he likes the chance to put on a nice suit and take me out on the town, and I, of course, love the ballet.  (He's starting to like ballet too, for that matter.  My efforts to "culture" him are working!) 

I recently traded in some credit card rewards points for a Kohl's gift card, so I'll be heading there soon to pick up a new dress to wear on this upcoming fancy date.  I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for, so, as always, I hit up ModCloth for some inspiration, and I found this beauty:


Mermaid to Measure Dress via ModCloth
Oh, my.  This is quite the stunner.  A little sexy, very classy...and out of stock.  (Not to mention my price range.)

I'm not sure I'll find anything like this at Kohl's of all places, but maybe this will be my inspiration- a 20's/30's-inspired silhouette, a slimming black, a touch of the unexpected.

Do you like playing dress up?  What's your idea of the perfect date?  What's your go-to place for fashion inspiration?

Much love,
The Geeks

No comments:

Post a Comment