Monday, October 8, 2012

The OTHER Other White Dress

Previously, on Our Geeky Adventure:

-I found my wedding dress in one trip (Mr. Geek best keep away from that link if he knows what's best for him)
-I found a getaway dress, but it took a little longer
-I'm a little obsessed with ModCloth

There's one more white dress I need for The Big Day.

Well, technically it's for the night before.

Our rehearsal dinner is going to be in the parish social hall so we can get to the eating pretty much immediately after the rehearsal.  It's going to be very laid-back- Mr. Geek will be in jeans- but I just can't pass up another chance to wear a cute dress.  Enter: ModCloth.

Ice Cream Anytime Dress via ModCloth
That's definitely a good name for this dress- the fabric reminds me of vanilla ice cream!  I tried it on as soon as it arrived the other day, and I was a little worried it would make me look a bit...frumpy.  I added a skinny black belt over the elastic waistband and that worked- gives it more shape.  I'm thinking of wearing it with black tights and tennis shoes, maybe a sweater if it's really chilly.

So what do you think?

Did you wear a white (well, close enough) dress to the rehearsal?  Is your rehearsal dinner going to be more cocktail party or pizza party?

Much love,
The Geeks

No comments:

Post a Comment