Friday, August 9, 2013

Oh, Internet... {27}

Mr. Geek and I are starting to refer to Miss Chief as our little wiggle worm because she is almost constantly moving!  Sometimes it's just an isolated kick and if I rub my belly or press lightly with one or two fingers in response, she'll give me another nudge to tell me that she knows I'm there.  (At least that's how I like to interpret it...)  Sometimes, if I sit very still, she kicks so forcefully that you can see it from the outside- and that makes me laugh, which makes her kick even harder!  But sometimes, right after I eat something sweet or drink some orange juice, she'll dance.  I think I'm feeling her doing the same movements she was doing in our last ultrasound- raising her feet up and reaching her hands toward them, then throwing her legs back down again and flinging her arms back over her head.  When we watched her flailing around like that, she was too tiny to feel, but now that she's grown, this movement (at least I'm assuming it's this particular movement) results in the feeling of 3 or 4 little nudges in quick succession- and she'll do it over and over and over again.  Or sometimes, she'll roll around, moving from one side of my belly to the other and then back again- which I understand, as it takes me a while to find a comfortable position to sleep in, too :)

Since today is Friday, I'm dancing a little bit, too, in celebration at the end of a long week.  So let's all wiggle a little as we look at the awesome things provided by the internet this week!

This china cabinet is shaped like a phone booth!  Gah!  Want!! // via A Beautiful Mess
Know a new mom?  Looking for the perfect gift for her?  Try whipping up a batch of I Am Baker's lactation cookies!  I am DEFINITELY going to try making these!
Penga at Sakacon made this awesome Star Wars dress for ComiCon!

My cousin shared this awesome article on Facebook about 5 common (and damaging) myths about breastfeeding.  So glad I read this!

What do you think of the new Doctor Who?  I'm personally super excited for an older Doctor- I'm hoping it means the show goes back to feeling like classic Who with less sexual tension and more straight-up adventure!

A reader on The Kitchn has the absolute BEST idea for a birthday present for his daughter's 21st birthday- which will be 20 years from now.

Did anything happen on your internet this week that made you want to dance?

Much love,
The Geeks

No comments:

Post a Comment