Friday, August 17, 2012

Making a (Stylish) Getaway, Part 2

Previously, on Our Geeky Adventure,

-I like old vintage stuff...like my wedding dress! (Standard threats to Mr. Geek's life should he click that link apply here.)
-Our reception will be done around 4:30 in the afternoon...
-...and then we'll be driving halfway to Disney in my supermegafoxyawesomehot car!

First, let me apologize for a lack of posting on Wednesday- we're deep in the middle of invitation assembling and envelope addressing and let me tell you- it's taking FOR-FREAKING-EVER.  But I did have time to squeeze out this post!

I'll just get right to it- I think I'm going to be a two-dress bride.  Not necessarily in the traditional sense- I won't be doing a costume change for the reception because I LOVE my dress and want to wear it as long as possible.  Besides, one of the many plus sides of my amazing dress is that it's going to be great for dancing!  However, it's not going to be too fun to stuff it into a car and drive in it.

tl;dr I'm looking for a getaway dress!

I haven't put too much thought into "requirements" yet (don't you love how this whole wedding is like one big engineering project???) but I have a basic idea of what I'm looking for-

-short
and also
-white

Specific, neh?

I haven't done a lot of shopping yet, but I have hit up my favorite place to online window shop- ModCloth!  Here are some cute little things popping out at me right now:

*all images via ModCloth*

Box of Powdered Donuts Dress
First of all, I love the name of this dress :)  I love that this is simple and lightweight and won't get uncomfortable sitting in the car for four hours.  However, the fabric is a little sheer, and it looks a little summery for November- even November in the south.

Teacher Comforts Dress
ERMAHGERD THIS DRESS.  Is this not the cutest thing you've ever seen????  Truth be told, I'm not sure I would ever be able to wear this dress again- maaaaaaybe to work, with some thick stockings underneath, but it's a bit short for that, even if people do expect me to wear quirky-yet-fabulous things like this.  So maybe it's a no-go.  BUT THIS DRESS, YOU GUYS.

Mod Around the Corner Dress
How very mod!  I can think of about a million occasions when I could re-wear this...

Quartet in the Garden Dress
I love the elegant swirls on this dress!  But the more I look at it, the more I'm getting that summery vibe again...

Creme de la Creme Dress
Confession time: I know I said I didn't have any firm requirements in mind for a getaway dress...but I kind of do.  And the number one requirement is- I want it to be this dress.  Well, okay, a variation of this dress, as I'm not sure how I feel about the open back.  But a long-sleeved, short, lacy white dress with this very 60's silhouette- I'm craving this dress.  Time to find this dress!

Were you a two-dress bride?  Are you planning to change for your getaway?

Much love,
The Geeks

No comments:

Post a Comment