Monday, April 1, 2013

Celebrating Tabletop Day

Saturday 30 March was International Tabletop Day- a celebration of board games and other tabletop games.  While the concept is to go out and play board games at game stores and community centers. Mr. Geek and I had set aside this weekend as a lazy weekend, spent almost entirely in our jammies (or squishy pants, as we call them). 

image via International Tabletop Day


So what did we play this weekend?

Monopoly!

I grew up playing Monopoly, Jr when I was a kid with my sisters and all the neighborhood kids, and I can honestly say I had never played real Monopoly until marrying Mr. Geek.  He knows this game like the back of his hand and can rattle off the rent prices without even looking at the cards!  Needless to say, he has a tendency to win.  Like, every time.

As in I have yet to beat Mr. Geek at Monopoly, and this weekend was no exception.




...he's winning again.
We ended up celebrating Tabletop Day all weekend- yesterday, when we got home from Easter Mass, we changed out of our Pretty Clothes into something more comfortable and sat down for a couple more games.  What can I say- I'm a glutton for punishment.

What's your favorite board game?

Much love,
The Geeks

*all photos personal*

2 comments:

  1. I surprised myself by enjoying Settlers of Catan when my husband made me play it. Now I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard it's a pretty addicting game...I'm going to have to give it a shot!

      Delete