Monday, June 10, 2013

Fashion Adventures: Those Summer Nights

Outfit photos, take 2.

I'm still working on the awkward facial expressions, but I think this shoot turned out better than the last.

 

These photos were taken at 16 weeks and 5 days.  The belly has definitely been growing- but sporadically.  But I've got to be honest with you- much of that growth is not the baby.  Especially while we were on vacation!  I had been doing a pretty good job of sticking to healthy-ish foods- you know, for the most part- but then we went on vacation...and there was cookie cake...and cupcakes...and oreos...and people insisting "but you're eating for two!"...so my self-control kind of went out the window.  Not to mention the fact that we were in the South and every restaurant had sweet tea- actual sweet tea- so I didn't exactly drink as much water as I should.  We went to the doctor right after we got back for our 18-week check-up and the weight gain has been exponential!  Gah!  It's not that I'm upset at having gained weight- it's just that I want to control it a little more and make sure it's healthy weight gain and not just fat- and sugar-based.  Since we've been back in the real world, I've definitely gone back to eating a normal amount of food and not a vacation amount of food, and the belly has gone back to being more bump, less gut.

Once again, I'm proud to say that this dress is not actually maternity clothing.  Very early on, my clothes started getting too tight, and although I wasn't quite ready for a trip to Motherhood Maternity, I didn't really have a whole lot of options in my closet that would fit.  Since I'm only 5'2 1/2" (that half inch really makes a difference, y'all), I don't usually wear a whole lot of maxi dresses, as they make me look...well...short.  I also don't wear a lot of empire waist clothes because I've always thought that cut makes me look...well...pregnant.  I went ahead and hopped over to Kohl's and scooped up a couple of tropical print maxi dresses that should be able to get me through the whole summer and I'll be able to wear them next summer, too, in my post-baby body.  (You know, in theory, considering my aforementioned dislike for their cut and length.)


 

Dress: Kohl's
Earrings: Charlotte Russe
Necklace: gift
Watch/bracelet: Kohl's
Shoes: Simply Vera by Vera Wang via Kohl's (different color, same style)

Just after we took these photos, Mr. Geek treated my sisters and I to a delicious, fancy dinner at this beautiful little restaurant in Sylacauga called Buttermilk Hill, recommended by my dad.  We had a lot of fun and it was the perfect way to say goodbye to everybody after a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

 

Moms- how much of your wardrobe did you continue wearing post-belly?  And non-moms- are you a maxi dress person, or do you prefer shorter skirts?

Much love,
The Geeks

*all photos are personal, taken by the wonderfully talented Mr. Geek

No comments:

Post a Comment