Friday, September 4, 2015

Oh, Internet... {76}

It's been a couple of weeks since I've done an Oh, Internet... so today I'm bringing you two weeks' worth of awesomeness from across the internet!

For awesomely simple home decor projects, check out:

This incredible starburst ceiling light fixture DIY on A Beautiful Mess.  So simple, so clever!

And ABM also shared a kitchen DIY that completely transforms the walls with just a simple coat of paint!

For random awesomeness, check out:

The xkcd survey.  I'd love if you'd come back here and tell me how you answered some of the questions!

For an awesome family outfit post, check out:

Kaelah Bee and her adorable, fashionable little family.

For awesome parenting advice:

The lovely Haley at Carrots for Michaelmas shared her secrets for road trippin' with tiny kids- which is timely for us, as we just decided to skip the airport and drive straight to Gulf Shores, AL this Thanksgiving!

Kendra at Catholic All Year shared the secret to receiving communion while holding a child (a nursing infant, a struggling toddler, or the hand of a little goober)- receive on your tongue.  I figured that out rather quickly, I'm proud to say, and now it's a pretty natural way for me to receive communion, whether I'm struggling with a toddler or not.

And finally, check out this article on Ethika Politika about how the Duggars get this whole chastity thing completely wrong.  Scandals aside, I've never found it prudent for Catholics to turn to any reality tv star family as models of moral behavior, even if they seem wholesome and harmless on the surface.

What awesome things have you found on the internet lately?

Much love,
The Geeks

No comments:

Post a Comment