Wednesday, December 26, 2012

PWC!

So, a couple of weeks ago, I got my hair cut.

"Cut" might not be the right way to describe it, though.

"Chopped off" is a bit more accurate.

That's right- I got a Post-Wedding Chop :)  (And I'm just now blogging about it.  Whoops.)

I grew my hair out for the wedding- technically, I grew it out for 2 whole years.  Right after graduating college, I decided to mark the occasion with a dramatic hair cut:

Somehow this is still the best picture of what my hair looked like right when it got cut
I didn't really maintain the cut and it started to grow; I guess maybe I'd planned to chop it down again after a year.  But before I got the chance, Mr. Geek popped the question, and I knew I wanted to grow it out properly for the wedding.  I managed to achieve some pretty decent length after another year of growth:

long hair in Magic Kingdom
I really, really liked my pixie cut 2 years ago.  Changing your hair is a great way to mark changes in your life, and getting married is a pretty big change- so I figured my hair should undergo equally as big a change.  Plus, I had juuuust enough to donate to Locks of Love!  Enough talk- let's have a picture!


Nooo, not yet!  I got my hair cut on a Wednesday night, after work, and by the time I got home I was ready for a little mindless internet-ing  and then bed.  Mr. Geek grabbed the camera, knowing I'd want to document the change for the blog, but no!  Not yet!  Let's wait until I look a bit more...photogenic.


That's better :)  Mr. Geek proposed last year just after we saw The Nutcracker, so of course that ballet is now a Christmas tradition in the Geek household.  After we got home, I set up the camera and put it on self-timer to snap a few pictures of us looking so dapper.  What do you think of the hair?  Most days, I'm styling it like this- a little light styling wax and hair spray to make it lay down flat, swooping the bangs to the side a bit, maybe pinning them down or accenting with a headband like here.  If I'm feeling more adventurous, however, I might spike it up a little bit, like when we went to our friends' apartment for their late Thanksgiving / early Christmas party:


Did you dramatically change your hair after your wedding?  Would you ever try a pixie cut?

Much love,
The Geeks

No comments:

Post a Comment