Monday, July 29, 2013

Fashion Adventures: Casual, as in Friday

Up until now, the only outfit photos I've shared have been in "regular" clothing.  That's not to say I haven't worn maternity clothing yet- trust me, I have- it's just that I haven't had any particularly *cute* maternity clothes to wear yet.

At the recommendation of many mom-friends, I took a look at Old Navy's maternity section online, and snagged a few things- some casual tops, a more work-appropriate top, and a pair of "jeggings".  (At the very beginning of the pregnancy, all of my pants and skirts were immediately too tight, except for 2 pairs of jeans- my "fat jeans" which still fit but are not really an appropriate cut or color for Fridays at work, and my "jeggings".  By the end of the first trimester, even the jeggings were too tight, and I've been putting off buying maternity jeans because they're just so expensive.  Enter: Old Navy!)


The jeans are awesome, and the tunic is really comfortable, but I can't help but feel as if I look like, well, a mom in this outfit.  There's something slightly frumpy about these pictures- likely because I'm huge and I'm wearing pants with an elastic waistband.

 
 
Okay so I'm not *that* huge- and I'm only going to get bigger from here- but still.  Looking at these pictures brings just one word to mind- MOM.  And not in a good way.  Maybe if I wear the tunic/dress with shorts instead, everything would seem...lighter?  Definitely can't wear shorts to work- even on a Friday, when these were taken.  (25 weeks 1 day, for those keeping track.)


Tunic: Old Navy Maternity
Jeans: Old Navy Maternity
Necklace: Francesca's Collections
Earrings: Charlotte Russe
Watch: Kohl's (same style, different color)
Shoes: Converse Chuck Taylors via Off Broadway Shoes

How do you avoid looking frumpy in maternity clothes?  Or did you reach a point in your pregnancy where comfort trumped style?  (I may be reaching that point myself...)

Much love,
The Geeks

*all photos personal*

No comments:

Post a Comment