Friday, July 19, 2013

Oh, Internet... {24}

Our house is slowly starting to look like a home, and I love it.  One of the good things about renting as opposed to buying is that I have to keep my RENOVATE ALL THE THINGS!-instincts in check.  For example- we can paint the walls (so long as we paint them back when we move out) but we can't exactly paint the kitchen cabinets.  (Grey, if you're curious.  That's what I would do.)  Or remove the mirror wall in the dining room.  (Yes, one whole wall of the dining room is a mirror...)  Or change the light fixtures.

Not that any of these things are horrible or too ugly to live with.  I would just change them if we owned the place :)

Anywho, one thing I definitely don't want to change is the internet!  The internet always gives me pretty, smart, and awesome things to look at every week :)  Here are some of those things from this week:

-I love these Dove commercials.  This one is especially awesome!

WANT. // from Etsy seller TRoweDesigns via BoingBoing
ThinkGeek has a pacifier that looks like a volume knob :)


Check out this interview on Ars Technica with the man who invented the first video game console!

Obviously the most important thing that happened on the internet this week- Jo Rowling's new book!  She published The Cuckoo's Calling under a pseudonym several months ago and is just now coming out as the real author.  We bought it literally the moment we heard about it!

I recently discovered the sewing blogs Gertie's New Blog for Better Sewing and Camelia Crinoline and as much as they inspire me to want to really start sewing clothes, they also kind of intimidate me- these ladies are sewing superstars!

What  happened on your internet this week?

Much love,
The Geeks

Oh, Internet... is inspired by Kaelah Bee's Things I Love Thursday posts

No comments:

Post a Comment