Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Fashion Adventures: Hokie Colors

I can't believe it's already September!  Mr. Geek doesn't particularly like the arrival of September because it means that the temperatures are slowly starting to drop and we're one step closer to snow.  I'm not a huge fan of snow either, but I like the other things that September brings- pumpkin-flavored EVERYTHING, brightly-colored tights, and college football. 


I wore this orange and maroon outfit at the beginning of last week (29 weeks 4 days, if you're keeping track) to properly usher in college football season.  (And yes, we lost our game this weekend, but it was a hell of a lot closer than I expected it to be.  Go Hokies!)  At the suggestion of my cousin, I decided to try a tighter-fitting maternity top with ruched sides- it definitely emphasizes just how very large my belly is, but it also shows the relative not-largeness of the rest of me, and, in general, it feels less like "mom clothes".


I'm glad to say that I don't find myself standing like this very often, because I haven't been experiencing much lower back pain lately, which I attribute mainly to the exercises I've learned in our Bradley class.  I do find my upper back and shoulders hurting at the end of a long day at work, but Mr. Geek has perfected his shoulder massaging skills so such pain is quickly remedied :)


I wonder- does Starbucks sell the Pumpkin Spiced Latte in decaf?  Because if I have to go through an entire fall season with no pumpkin in my coffee, I'm going to be sad.  (And yes, I know I could make my own pumpkin spice syrup, but that implies I have the time and energy to make such things.)


Earrings: Charlotte Russe
Necklace: Forever 21
Top: Target Maternity
Slacks: Motherhood Maternity
Watch: Kohl's (same style, different color)
Shoes: Simply Vera by Vera Wang via Kohl's


What's your favorite September arrival?  Are you excited about the impending cold weather, or do you dread it like Mr. Geek does?  And moms- do you prefer loose and flowy maternity clothes or more form-fitting?

Much love,
The Geeks

*all photos personal*

3 comments:

  1. To answer your Starbucks question - YES PSL comes in a decaf version that is just as yummy as the regular. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you look fantastic - not "Mom-ish" at all - well, except for the bump.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much!! I'm totally ordering one tomorrow :D And I'm glad you like the outfit!!

      Delete