Monday, September 9, 2013

Fashion Adventures: Little Red Poppies

So I set up the tripod and snapped these photos while Mr. Geek was grilling up some burgers for us one evening- and then, of course, I turned the camera on him to pay him back for picking on me about it.  I think that some (SOME) of these facial expressions look a little less awkward because I'm honestly smiling and giggling at him, waving at me with his spatula and telling me to "work it!"  (My hair looks awful though, urgh.  Ignore the random waves and frizz- I have no patience to actually, you know, style my hair anymore, I'm just too busy.)


I got this top at Target and I wasn't sure if it was too frumpy or just cute enough for me to pull it off...but I fell in love with the color and abstract paint strokes which remind me of little red flowers.  Maybe they're meant to be poppies because, cute smile or no, I look a little tired in these pictures, which were taken over a week ago (whoops!) at exactly 30 weeks.  (Side note: the sleepy scene in The Wizard of Oz was in a field of poppies, right?  Am I totally off here?  I've had some pretty severe cases of Pregnant Brain lately so I could be completely making things up.  On second thought- don't correct me if I'm wrong, just nod and smile.)


Top: Target Maternity
Necklace: Forever 21
Watch/bracelet: Kohl's
Slacks: Motherhood Maternity
Shoes: Simply Vera by Vera Wang via Kohl's

I've gotta say, I'm kind of nervous about dressing for work again post-pregnancy.  My maternity clothes won't look cute without the big ol' bump, but I'm afraid that my pre-baby clothes aren't really going to fit for quite a while after Chief arrives.  I realize there will be a million other things to stress me out when it's time to go back to work, but right now the one that worries me is my wardrobe!


Fellow outfit-photo-taking bloggers- how do you combat awkward-face-itis?  Do you take your photos yourself (a la timer or remote) or does someone actually stand behind the camera and snap pictures of you?

And fellow moms- how long did it take you after Baby arrived to feel comfortable in your own skin once again?

Much love,
The Geeks

*all photos personal*

No comments:

Post a Comment